Monday, January 3, 2011

Time to Catch Up!!

Ok so I've been slacking again and have about a million posts to catch up on but for now just a few thoughts...

We survived the holidays and all the hectic schedules and plans and now I can FINALLY breathe. This year was certainly a catch your breath kind of year and it ended on a note of serious reflection for me.

The most important thing I can say is I LOVE MY FAMILY!! My life is extremely blessed and I don't tell any of you enough what you mean to me. I have the BEST parents in the world and they are the ROCKS that hold each of us kids up during our hard times and are there with us to laugh and enjoy the happy times. The holidays were so bitter sweet without our Grandma Leslie, we each had our moments of remembering her LAUGH (truly one of the greatest laughs), remembering her hugs, remembering her smile and most of all remembering her SPIRIT. We are getting ready to add Anne to our family and have really enjoyed seeing Greg smile again, it was nice just to have some quality Grandpa Greg time as he would periodically pop in and stay a couple hours. We LOVED being able to spend time with our grandma ANNA and grandma JUNE and relish in who they are. I can't think of 2 women we admire more, so much spunk and personality from them, plus knowing it's because of them we are who we are. And we can't forget all of our BROTHERS and SISTERS, just great people and fun to be around. We have also been blessed with some of the BEST friends in the world (you know who you are). Thank you for always being there for us when we need it and for being so much fun all the other times. Hard to IMAGINE our lives without ALL of you in it.

I look at life a lot differently after this year and I think have finally learned to relax and enjoy the moment. I think daily of the missed opportunities I've had and look for new ones so I can remember to enjoy them. I love talking to my KIDS! They are some of the smartest, most entertaining people I know. I LOVE watching them grow and become just who they want to be. They are some of the GREATEST examples I have, trust me they keep me in line A LOT! I appreciate Matt so much more. His LOVE for me is unmatched, he is the GREATEST part of me and has been my biggest SUPPORT!

Above all I have thought so much more about our SAVIOR. What an amazing gift he gave us, because of him I get to live an eternal life with those I hold so close to my HEART. It isn't the things I can have in this life but the people I get to remain with FOREVER that is so important. I hope everyday that I am an example of our HEAVENLY FATHER'S love. I am truly grateful for the GOSPEL I have been blessed to be a part of and all that I know to be true because of it.

So there are my thoughts on 2010, now on to an AMAZING 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment